Friday 13 July 2012

Coco

17.5.2012: Coco has been off colour and running a high temperature. She had antibiotics and improved but I wanted her tested for the Feline Coronavirus as I know it can cause infections. The blood tests come back positive but the blood titre level is not too high so hopefully her immune system is stronger than Dylan's and it will not progress to FIP. She will be re-tested in a couple of months' time. I don't think I can take much more stress. The thought of losing not one, but possibly all three, of my beautiful Birmans to this terrible disease is too much to bear. I try to stay positive but watch them like a hawk for any signs of illness or stress. We were planning to move house but that is the most stressful situation for cats and stress can bring on FIP in a cat with the Coronavirus so that's on hold, as well as the rest of our lives: We hate leaving Dylan for even a short time and we are trying not to disrupt their routine in any way. Luckily I can work from home but it's hard to concentrate with all this going on, not to mention spending most of my time at the vets. The house is full of Feliway Diffusers (which helps to keep cats calm) and catnip!

No comments:

Post a Comment