Wednesday 11 July 2012

Dylan's Op

17.4.2012: The biopsy was inconclusive so there was no choice but to operate. I was advised to prepare for the worst. 18.4.2012: Stuart rang whilst Dylan was on the table; he has a huge mass in his intestine and inflamed lymph nodes. I have to decide whether to let him go or let them proceed. We would only be prolonging his life, there was little hope of a cure. Although I knew it was going to be bad when it came to it I was just numb with shock. Making this decision was just too much. I couldn't  give up on him without a fight. They would go ahead and ring me later when he had recovered from the anaesthetic. I cannot quite believe this is happening, keep thinking it is a bad nightmare and I will wake up. Two days ago I had a healthy young cat and now I was having to make a life or death decision and come to terms with losing him very soon. I was beyond tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment