Friday 13 July 2012

Dylan Hates Me!

24.4.2012: Feel like I have aged 10 years. Dylan is eating very little and I spend most of the night checking he is still breathing. His stools are very loose and he doesn't like the probiotic paste the vet gave me. We are still struggling to get the tablets down him and as he is hardly eating we can't try putting it in his food. So I walk him to the local vets practice twice a day so that the nurse can administer the drugs. By the third day even the nurse is struggling and resorts to antibiotic and steroid injections as he is getting so stressed. The antibiotic injection is a long acting one but not as effective so we have to keep an eye on him in case it's not doing it's job. The next couple of days we continue to struggle to get him to eat. He seems so tired and lifeless. I wonder if I have made the right decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment