Wednesday 25 July 2012

Dylan Update

25.7.2012:  Dylan has been 'off colour' for a few days; quite tired and lethargic and not that interested in his food. By Monday evening I was preparing to make a vets' appointment but next day he seemed to pick up and he has been much brighter and more interested in things since then. He has been for his daily walk in the garden and he is eating more, thank goodness. I think he is probably quite anaemic now (the vet hasn't done a blood test for a while as it is so difficult to get the needle into his vein and last time we decided not to distress him anymore as it would have meant giving him an anaesthetic). As Stuart said, it won't make any difference to his treatment, it is just an indicator of how he is doing. It is quite obvious now when Dylan is feeling lousy; you can see it in his eyes and sometimes I wonder if I am doing the right thing. But we have had three precious months with  him since his diagnosis and for the most part they have been good. I think I will know when he has had enough and hope that I will be brave enough to make the right decision with the help of my lovely vet. For now, he is enjoying the sunshine with his sisters and still keeping to his usual routine. Even though we are preparing for the worst we are still praying for a miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment