Tuesday 10 July 2012

My Birman Cats

My Birman Cats: Welcome to My Birman Cats!

I am going to tell you all about my three beautiful Birmans; Dylan, Coco & Lola. They have all just had their 2nd birthdays and are a complete joy. For the time being the majority of this blog will centre around Dylan, my seal point boy who has a disease called FIP (Feline Infectious Peritonitis), which is almost always fatal. I'll be posting a resume of his treatment so far and his progress in an attempt to raise awareness of this terrible disease. Some cat lovers amongst you may already know about this and the Feline Coronavirus which causes it. Sadly I was completely ignorant about both until it affected my cat family and devastated our lives. It's not something the breeders or glossy cat magazines focus on but I think anyone thinking of buying a kitten or cat, be it moggie or pedigree, deserves to know the facts. The first being that the Feline Coronavirus is very common amongst all cats but is most prevalent in pedigrees, something I was entirely unaware of despite having cats in the family since I was a child. On a lighter note, I will also include photos and hopefully some happier posts as well; there is always something to smile about when you have three young bundles of fun in the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment