Tuesday 10 July 2012

Dylan's Journey Begins

16th April 2012: Dylan had been off colour for a few days, nothing specific, just not eating as well as usual and he had a 'funny tummy'. Hoped my lovely vet Stuart would say I was worrying about nothing but when he examined him I could see he looked concerned: "I can feel a lump in his intestines, it could be nothing but we'll do an ultrasound". When he returned a few minutes later I could see something was seriously wrong. There was a mass, probably malignant, almost completely blocking his intestines. There was an outside chance it was something less serious but it didn't look hopeful. Dylan was to be admitted and put on a drip to rehydrate him. They would do a biopsy tomorrow to see if they could identify the mass. If it was malignant it might respond to chemotherapy but it wouldn't be a cure, it would just buy us some time. There were other things it could be, none of them good. Dylan is 1 year and 11 months old.

I went home numb with fear and disbelief...

No comments:

Post a Comment